Saturday, December 08, 2012

Tide - 21

Part - 21


“I was going to tell you that my car brokedown nearby. Then I thought that sounded feeble as an excuse, even to my own ears. Then I thought I'd tell you that I was just passing by and thought I'd drop in to see how you were. We are both well past that age of pretending, aren't we? Truth is, I have nothing to do today, so I just decided to knock on your door. Are you okay, Padmaja? I'm sorry if I disturbed you or something. I could always come back another time, you know.”

“No, no, not at all. Please do come in. That's my grand-daughter Tara. Say hello to Dr. Saktivel, Tara. Would you like some coffee, Dr.?”

2 comments:

Sunderesan said...

I read the entire 'Tide' series courtesy blogeswari and it was the best half-hr i have spent in a long time. Wonderfully written. I am in a similar place(happily divorced) now and i cd relate to a lot of the things in this. looking forward to more.

Achala said...

Write a book Ammani!