Straw potato cake
(About 25 minutes to cook)
You'll need -
Potato - 2 large
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt & pepper - to season
Here's how to-
1. Grate the potatoes (yes, grate them) with the skin
2. Quickly season it with salt and pepper before it turns brown
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and wait till it's quite hot
4. Add the grated potatoes and pack them in quite tight with a spoon.
Make sure the potatoes aren't loosely packed as the cake will fall apart when you flip it
5. Cover and let it simmer for a good 15 minutes
6. When the bottom side is nice and browned, gently loosen it from the saucepan by using a flat wooden ladle.
Now slide it onto a plate and then tip the plate upside down into the pan so that the other side cooks.
7. When both sides are deliciously golden, turn off the heat
8. Slice and serve hot