Monday, May 18, 2009

Grown My Own

We've started growing vegetables in the garden - carrots, cabbages, courgettes, tomatoes, cucumbers, marrows, pumpkins, aubergines, cauliflowers, strawberries, peppers, chillis, garlic and leeks. On my window sill sit pots and pots of compost with all kinds of plants that I've been trying to grow. I see a seed on my spice rack and I want to scatter them on a bed of soil and see what happens. I have plunged tamarind seeds into old yogurt pots. Fennel seeds should be sprouting any day soon. Even the old mung bean has not been spared. There wasn't enough for our Sunday sundal. Can't you see, I have only just sown the channa? I demand.

Here's two I grew earlier.

7 comments:

Shammi said...

The best of the lot! But please dont eat them :D

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

no no shyam, the younger one has very edible cheeks and the elder one is all lean meat! yummm

artnavy said...

YUMMY!! SO CUTE

Banno said...

What are you going to cook up next?

:-)

Anonymous said...

really REALLY cute :)

SUR NOTES said...

and the young ones- what fertilisers work best for them? I try yelling and screaming once a day, and a whack when it gets really warm and humid.

SUR NOTES said...

and the young ones- what fertilisers work best for them? I try yelling and screaming once a day, and a whack when it gets really warm and humid.