1. Who read the Tamil News bulletin in All India Radio on 15th Aug1947 about India getting independence?
2. Microsoft was in bad shape in 1986. Bill Gates offered a stake inMS to another IT Company, which refused. Which company was that?
3. Who was the first person to make a film on Mahatma Gandhi? (No, it's not Richard Attenborough)
4. This company's share price was traded at Rs. 50,000.00 in BombayStock Exchange in 1865, a record that has not yet been broken. Which company are we talking about?
5. The Chola King Rajendra Chola is also known as 'kadaram kondan'-meaning he won over the city of Kadaram. What is this city called now? (this is googlable. So don't)
6. "It gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars wouldbe scratching their head." - Who said this about what?
7. Name the actor who acted in all three first talkie movies in Hindi,Tamil and Telugu.
8. Identify the groom
9. And one for the one I missed last time. Which blogger signs WA?
Post your answers in the comment box. And don't forget to drop those coins in your coffee mug.
To participate, all you need to do is place a coffee mug (preferably clean) next to your computer. And once you have entered a contest, drop some small change into it. At the end of the week, collect the coins (hopefully some notes too) and send them to LAFTI in India. Here are their bank details.
Name of the Bank : Federal Bank
Address : Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, IndiaSwift Code : FDRL – INBB – IBD
To the Credit of Krishnammal Jagannathan
AccountNumber : SB 5559
If you wish to send cheques, please draw them in favour of Krishnammal Jegannathan and send them to:
PINCODE 611 105
You may reach them at 00914366-275443 and 275540. E-mail: email@example.com
This is part of a series of contests I 'm hosting to raise funds for LAFTI. The organisation will help women buy seeds so they may cultivate their lands within the next 10 days.